Arca Noae is pleased to announce the immediate availability of our updated USB stack. This interim release (11.09) addresses the following issues:
- USBCALLS: Fixed a compatibility problem which made the most recent version of USBCALLS.DLL incompatible with USBRESMG.SYS.
- USBRESMGR: Incorporated a small change from Wim Brul.
- EHCI: Fixed a queue management problem which would cause some USB transactions to be lost. This was mostly noticed because it would randomly cause keyboards and/or mice to not work depending
on which one got initialized first. Any USB device could be affected, though.
- EHCI: Reworked the code that handles BIOS/OS ownership change. No one should notice any difference because of this, but it will help some obscure systems initialize properly.
- USBKBD: Fixed a problem with shared devices. In some situations when the mouse and keyboard both were part of the same USB device, the USB keyboard driver would stomp on the mouse interface causing the mouse to stop working.
- Some of the USB drivers are not compatible with different versions of other USB drivers. Previously, no checking was done. So if the user mixed incompatible versions, he or she could get a partially working or non-working USB stack, system hangs, or other strange, random problems. Code has now been added to check for compatible versions of certain critical drivers so that they will not blindly try to connect with each other and cause problems.
- Reworked and enhanced tracing capability for better debugging support.
This driver package is available for download from the Arca Noae website as part of your Arca Noae OS/2 & eCS drivers and software package subscription. Please log into your account in order to access your software.
There are still a couple of outstanding issues to be addressed, but we felt this interim release was important as some major problems have been fixed.
If you haven’t yet purchased a software subscription, this is a great reason to do so now.