In case you have recently received a notice advising you of your subscription expiration, and yet you did not receive a previous renewal reminder, please contact Customer Service. It is entirely possible that your reminder email either did not go out or was lost. We’re here to help and will correct your renewal pricing as necessary.
Tag Archives: account
Temporary workaround for PDF invoice/receipt
Update 2023-03-06: Selecting the Invoice button will currently generate an HTML version of the invoice without having to modify the URL.
We are aware of an issue impacting our ability to generate PDF invoices (receipts) for new purchases, and working to resolve the problem. In the interim, it should be possible to generate an HTML invoice, and then use your browser’s print or save capability to either print a hard copy or save the HTML version to disk.
To generate the HTML version of the invoice, after receiving the error message or blank page when requesting the PDF invoice, simply append the following to the URL in the browser:
and press <Enter>. The invoice should render in the browser window like any other page.
We appreciate your continued patience while we investigate the matter more fully and address the problem.
Welcome to the new ArcaOS Center!
Along the way to the much anticipated ArcaOS 5.1 release, we have been working behind the scenes to upgrade our build and delivery systems. To this end, you should notice a welcome addition to your customer portal: the ArcaOS Center.
In the left navigation area, you should see this new link. Clicking it will bring you to a consolidated listing of your ArcaOS licenses and associated downloads. No more scanning through all of your orders to find the right one.
We hope you enjoy this new feature.
Beware of used ArcaOS licenses offered for sale
Happy New Year!
Recently, we’ve become aware of several ArcaOS licenses being offered for sale on various platforms. This post is a reminder to check the validity of any used license before paying for it.
All ArcaOS licenses are generated by Arca Noae. If you order through one of our authorized resellers, that reseller places an order for your software with us, and we provide the custom ISO for you, registered to an account in your name.
While it is entirely permissible to transfer a license (see paragraph 9 of the ArcaOS End User License Agreement ), such a transfer must include a hard copy of the license and proof of entitlement. Proof of entitlement means some documentation to prove that the company or individual transferring the license does indeed have the right to do so (it must indeed be registered to that company or individual).
Upon transfer, the transferor must notify Arca Noae of the transfer and provide contact information for the transferee. Without this, it will not be possible to renew support for that ArcaOS license – including a late renewal.
It is worth noting also that only the ArcaOS license is transferable. Support is not. Thus, when an unsuspecting user purchases an existing ArcaOS license and he or she wants to access related downloads for updates or even request an updated ISO, a new ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscription will be required. The cost of the used license plus new support may be far more than a new license with included support and the ability to renew that support at a discount.
If you are considering the purchase of a used ArcaOS license, be sure to ask for a copy of the registrant’s name, email address, and serial number, and contact us first so that we may be able to determine whether the license is, in fact, legitimate. If it’s not, it will not be valid for purchasing a Support & Maintenance subscription, so technical support, updates, discounted upgrades, and bug fixes will never be available.
Subscription reminder notifications delayed
We recently became aware of an issue with our email reminders for subscription renewals which left a number of reminder messages unsent. These ultimately did go out, though some may have been too late to allow some customers to take advantage of early renewals.
If you had a subscription which came due for renewal between August 23 and September 22, and you subsequently renewed when you discovered your subscription had expired, thus missing the 10% early renewal discount, please contact Customer Service for an adjustment. Please also provide your order number when making your request.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
Announcement concerning recently discovered vulnerabilities in the SolarWinds Orion platform
There have been multiple news reports about the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) confirming that malicious threat actors have been and are actively exploiting vulnerabilities in SolarWinds Orion products, primarily by leveraging the SUNBURST malware.
SolarWinds Orion is an IT monitoring solution.
Arca Noae does not now, nor have we ever used any SolarWinds products. As a result, our customers’ information is not vulnerable to these exploits.
We strongly advise our enterprise clients who may be using the Orion platform to review available firewall updates to keep your internal systems secure. As always, Arca Noae stands ready to assist in assessing the overall security of your OS/2 infrastructure.
More information (including CVE links) may be found on the CISA page.
Final Reminder: Reinstate your expired ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscription now
This is your final reminder that the window of opportunity to reinstate an expired ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscription at a special price is closing Monday May 18.
Previously, it was impossible to reinstate an expired ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscription that had been expired for longer than 1 year. That restriction has now been removed. It is now possible to reinstate an expired subscription. Through Monday May 18 you can reinstate an expired ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscription for the price of a regular one year renewal. After May 18, an additional reinstatement fee will apply. So take advantage of this limited amnesty period and get your subscription back on track before it’s too late.
Even if you’ve never updated ArcaOS 5.0 since your first install, as long as you have an active Support & Maintenance subscription, you may download the latest 5.0.x release and install it as an update to whatever 5.0 release you are using. There is no additional licensing fee for downloading and using these updates.
Somehow, this always seems like something of a mystery, even though this wiki page should help clarify what is a major version, a minor version, and a release. This product in our store outlines the renewal process and this table lays out just what is included in each subscription.
One of the many benefits of regularly renewing your ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscription is access to the latest released code. There are many exciting things coming for our subscribers. Don’t miss out on a great opportunity to get those updates and the next ArcaOS release as part of your renewed subscription.
ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscription renewal window is closing
If you’ve let your ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscription lapse, now is the time to get back on track.
Until now, if you let your ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscription expire, you would need to purchase a new ArcaOS license to reinstate support. We are making some changes to enable customers to reinstate an ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscription without purchasing a new ArcaOS license.
For a limited time, we are allowing all who have allowed their ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscriptions to expire — no matter how long expired — to reinstate them at current prices…but this window is closing rapidly. Once ArcaOS 5.0.5 is released (and that release is imminent), current ArcaOS licensees who have let their subscriptions lapse for six months or more will have to pay more to have their subscriptions reinstated for another full year. While this will still be less than the cost of purchasing a new license, it will be substantially more than the regular renewal price. This policy applies to personal as well as commercial licenses.
Please take a moment to log into your account at Arca Noae, locate your original ArcaOS order, and check to see when support is scheduled to expire (or has already expired) for your product. It is currently only possible to purchase one year of support per renewal, and only for the same number and type of ArcaOS licenses as were in the original order.
- The cost of renewing ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscriptions is not changing. You will continue to be able to renew your subscription for the same price, and you will still be able to take advantage of the 10% early renewal discount (this discount is reflected in the invoice total).
- If you let your ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscription expire, you will be able to reinstate it by paying the full renewal price any time withing six months of the expiration date. However, during this grace period, the subscription will only be reinstated for the original time period. You will not get “extra” time by reinstating your subscription late. In other words, if you renew on the last day of a six-month lapse would only extend coverage for six months!
- If you let your ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscription lapse for more than six months, the cost of a one-year personal edition Support & Maintenance subscription will retail for $128. For a commercial subscription, the price would be $228.
So if you have let your ArcaOS Support & Maintenance subscription lapse, now is the time to reinstate it. We urge all ArcaOS licensees to renew support early and take advantage of the 10% renewal discount for the best value in their subscriptions.
The online store should send renewal reminders 7 days before expiration, 3 days before, and finally on the expiration date; however, several factors may impact delivery or receipt of these reminders, including change of email address, spam filters, and other factors beyond our control. Check your account portal and make a note of your expiration date(s) so you don’t miss out!
Remember what your active Support & Maintenance subscription includes:
- Access to professional support for your product (elevated priority for commercial licensees);
- Access to the very latest drivers, fixes, features, and software included in ArcaOS or added later;
- Access to the latest release of the same minor version of ArcaOS as originally purchased (so, a Support & Maintenance subscription for ArcaOS 5.0 provides access to all 5.0 releases, as they become available: 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3, 5.0.4, and the upcoming 5.0.5);
- Future benefits when the next minor release of ArcaOS becomes available (5.1).
For more information on subscription services, check out our comparison page.
Driver and Software Preview Releases: Some General Guidelines
From time to time, we may make feature preview releases available. Driver and software preview releases differ from new GA releases and testcase packages in several ways. Consider testcase packages first:
- Packages uploaded to the testcase files area are made available to specific customers to evaluate the effectiveness of various changes to our GA versions, usually to address one or more issues reported in specific trouble tickets. Feedback from the affected customer(s) is requested when we provide these packages, and these links are limited to only the custmer(s) involved in the related ticket(s), not for general use, and as always, not for sharing with other users.
- Sometimes, we may go through several testcase revisions. Usually changes which have been vetted through this process will end up in the next GA of the package. Once the GA is released, all customers with related subscription access to the new package will be able to download and install it.
- Testcase packages are almost always time-limited, and the remaining time will be prominently displayed in the banner during bootup or for other software, at program start. If a new GA of the package is not available when nearing the expiration, simply follow-up in the ticket to request a refresh.
- Preview releases are made available to all customers with related subscription access.
- Preview releases generally are not updated (one preview is provided before GA).
- Preview releases may be time-limited. If a preview release is time-limited, that does not mean that another preview will be made available.
- If a time-limited preview release has expired and a GA version has not yet been released, it may be necessary to uninstall it.
- No trouble tickets are accepted for problems with preview releases. These are not beta tests. A preview may simply be feature-limited version of what would otherwise be considered finished software, or it may be a preview of as-yet-unfinished software that will be coming soon. Because these releases are previews – and may not be fully functional – reports of missing functionality, unexpected behavior, etc. are not relevant and will not be addressed. Please read the documentation that comes with the preview for a description of its particular limitations.
- Preview releases may be completely broken or disabled by a subsequent update of another related GA package. As an example, if installing a preview release of a network driver, and later updating the network stack package, that preview release driver may cease to function. This is not unexpected behavior, and not a software fault. To continue to use the preview, simply return the system to its previous state, wait for the GA release of the driver, and then update the driver and the rest of the stack.
- No feedback via email or tickets is requested for preview releases. They are for your benefit and use only, and intended to provide a sample of what is to come.
In the near future, we hope to bring preview releases for various works in later stages of development.
All previews will be available through the ArcaOS Support and Maintenance Subscription, However, some preview packages may not be available through the Arca Noae OS/2 & eCS Drivers and Software Subscription, so now may be a good time to consider moving up to ArcaOS.
Everything you need to know about subscription expiration
By popular demand, this is a summary of what happens when a subscription expires:
- Any installed Arca Noae drivers and software continue to function normally (including ArcaOS).
- Any drivers and software which have already been downloaded may be installed and will function normally (including ArcaOS).
- All free Arca Noae RPM repositories continue to work.
- Free downloads from the Arca Noae site will remain accessible.
- An expired subscription cannot be renewed. You must buy a new subscription if yours expires.
- An expired subscription will not have any downloads available.
- Any subscription-only Arca Noae RPM repositories will not be accessible.
- Bug tracker will not be available.
Arca Noae is committed to keeping ArcaOS and other OS/2 distributions usable on modern hardware. New device drivers are in active development and support is always available to subscribers.
Renew early to receive the best value for your investment.