Wikis > How to Upload a Dump File
How to Upload a Dump File
If you need information on how to create a dump file, read this page.
Zipping the dump file using 7zip
- Choose a file name for the zipped archive file you are going to upload. Your archive file name should contain the date and the ticket number. For example, if your ticket number was 100 and today’s date was March 12, 2016, your archive file name would be:
If you need to upload more than one dump on the same date, add a number to the end of the file name:
- Zip the dump file. This example assumes your dump file is still on your dump partition and that your dump partition is drive letter o: and the archive file name is as described above.
7za a Ticket2011-20180312-dump.7z o:\dumpdata.001
Uploading the dump file
- If using a command line FTP client, be sure to start this process from the directory in which the 7z archive file is located. This is because you must not specify a path for the 7z archive or the FTP upload will fail.
- Upload the 7z archive file to the Arca Noae FTP server (ftp.arcanoae.com). The login credentials are:
Password: <Your email address>
Note that this is a write-only login. You will not be able to read files, do directory listings, delete files, or rename files on the FTP server. You also cannot upload the same file name more than once. If you need to re-upload a file (because of an error, etc.) then rename your file as shown in the examples above and upload using the new file name.
- WARNING: Make sure you upload the 7z file name only. DO NOT specify a path.
[F:\tmp]ftp ftp.arcanoae.com IBM TCP/IP for OS/2 - FTP Client ver 15:45:02 on Mar 19 2004 Connected to 2rosenthals.com. 220-Welcome, visitor. 220- 220-Enjoy your session! 220- 220 FtpServer ready Name (ftp.arcanoae.com): firstname.lastname@example.org 331 Send e-mail address as password. Password: ................. 230 Login OK. ftp> bin 200 OK ftp> put Ticket2011-20180312-dump.7z 200 Data port set 150 OK, opening data connection. Sent 15671423 bytes 226 Transfer complete, closing data connection. local: Ticket2011-20180312-dump.7z remote: Ticket2011-20180312-dump.7z 15671423 bytes sent in 284 seconds (55 Kbytes/s) ftp> bye 221 Goodbye.