In our last post, we discussed what happens in a customer’s account (Arca Noae’s side) when a subscription is allowed to lapse or expire. What we didn’t discuss was what happens to the installed system, drivers, and software when a subscription expires:
- The installed ArcaOS system, drivers, and any related software continue to function normally.
- Content from the relevant Arca Noae free repository/ies will continue to be accessible (arcanoae-rel, and even for those with separate access, arcanoae-exp).
- Free downloads from the Arca Noae site will remain accessible.
- Subscribing again after a subscription has lapsed requires a new purchase.
- NOTHING ALREADY INSTALLED WILL STOP FUNCTIONING AS A RESULT OF A SUBSCRIPTION EXPIRING. NOTHING. REALLY.
We still highly recommend maintaining subscriptions. The hardware landscape continues to change, and Arca Noae is committed to keeping ArcaOS and other OS/2 distributions viable on today’s and tomorrow’s hardware as long as possible. New device drivers are in active development to extend the useful life of any OS/2 system, and support is always available to subscribers, as well. Renew early to receive the best value for your investment.