Arca Noae is pleased to announce the immediate availability of an updated Arca Noae Package Manager for ArcaOS, OS/2, and eComStation. (1.0.2)
This is a minor release, but with lots of new functionality, including:
- Prioritization of installed/updated packages, and prompted rebooting (should eliminate various problems when updating all packages).
- Export & import of package lists, designed to make it easier to keep different systems in sync or when a complete refresh is required.
- Fixed problems filtering out spurious checksum messages.
- Improved error message formatting overall.
- Program now gracefully handles bad or offline repositories.
- Secure repositories can now be disabled/enabled in Repository Manager.
- Cancelling credential entry for a secure repository now automatically
- Some changes to menu names and arrangement.
- Improved and expanded help guide.
- Various bug fixes and other minor improvements.
Arca Noae Package Manager is available in English with Spanish, French, Italian, German, Dutch, and Swedish language packs. Some have added help file translations in this version.
This open source utility is available to everyone, free of charge, regardless whether you have an Arca Noae software subscription or an ArcaOS license.
Please review the wiki for important first-time installation and upgrade notes and other tips.