Arca Noae is pleased to announce the immediate availability of an updated Arca Noae Package Manager for ArcaOS, OS/2, and eComStation. (1.0.4)
While this is technically a minor update, it includes an array of substantial enhancements:
- Implemented editing of secure repositories.
- Implemented passing of long (>900 char) parameter lists by pipe instead of going through CMD (for package export).
- Install from file now goes through yum engine, thereby enabling dependencies and update/downgrade/reinstall.
- Ensured that special characters in encrypt/decrypt commands are not intercepted by CMD.
- Make sure reinstall, update, and downgrade also enable DLL conflict checking.
- Even more improved message formatting.
- Expanded help guide.
- Updated included libraries.
- Various bug fixes and other minor improvements.
Arca Noae Package Manager is available in English with Spanish, French, Italian, German, Dutch, and Swedish language packs.
This open source utility is available to everyone, free of charge, regardless whether you have an Arca Noae software subscription or an ArcaOS license.
Please review the wiki for important first-time installation and upgrade notes and other tips.