- No rude commentary or personal attacks. As mentioned on the Best Practices wiki page, rude behavior will not be tolerated. This extends to making disparaging remarks about Arca Noae, its products and/or services, staff, and/or affiliates.
- No off-topic discussion in comments. A ticket is a thread pertaining to a specific problem. It is not the place to raise other unrelated issues. If you have a separate issue (a customer service concern, another technical support item, etc.), please either open a separate ticket or visit our Contact page.
- This is not user-to-user help. If you happen upon a ticket which is not yours, and think you might have a good idea, but are not affiliated with Arca Noae (an employee, contractor, member of a development or test team), please refrain from commenting in the ticket. Instead, feel free to contact us privately, reference the ticket, and simply make your suggestion. (Note that such suggestions may not be utilized in the ticket, and you may not receive a direct acknowledgement from Arca Noae staff, however we do try to give kudos where kudos are due.)
- No intentionally duplicated tickets. While the Best Practices wiki page sets forth a policy of opening separate tickets for separate issues, opening multiple tickets for different symptoms of the same problem – particularly when the ticket assignee has advised that such additional symptoms are definitely related – constitutes abuse of the system. As an example, if your system seems to hang while booting, and you have opened a ticket for the problem, opening another ticket to report that the system hangs while booting and holding down the <Enter> key – while the first ticket is still open and unresolved – simply wastes everyone’s time.
- Non-disclosure of private ticket content or comments. If the ticket assignee has marked your ticket private or a specific comment as private, this is to keep the information confidential. Sometimes, this is for the protection of the reporter; other times, for the protection of Arca Noae’s intellectual property (test versions, etc.). This information, if marked private, must remain private.
- This is not “how to” help. The ticket system is for reporting problems with Arca Noae software. It is not for asking how to use, or how to configure the software.
- Only report problems you are having on a specific system. The ticket system is for reporting actual problems with Arca Noae software that you are currently experiencing personally. Do not report potential issues that “someone” might have, or things that some ominous “users” might want. It must be a problem that you personally are having on a specific system. You must be able to produce system logs of the system with the issue. If your ticket is an RFE, it must be for a feature that you personally need.