There are currently two Arca Noae USB WarpIn packages related to USB drivers:
- USB stack update.
- USBAUDIO installer/updater.
The USB stack update WarpIn package contains updates for the full USB Subsystem. It consists of several drivers and other utilities all contained and distributed in a single Warpin update archive.
- The UHCI, OHCI, EHCI, and XHCI host controller drivers and the USBD driver.
- The USBHID, USBKBD and USBMOUSE class drivers which support generic keyboards and mice.
- The USBMSD class driver which supports mass storage devices including flash drives, floppies, CD/DVD drives, and card readers. See the USBMSD ReadMe.
- The USBPRT class driver which supports printing to generic USB printers.
- The USBCOM class driver which supports communication with some USB serial devices.
- The USBMOS class driver which supports some Moschip USB to Ethernet devices. See the USBMOS ReadMe.
- The USBAUDIO class driver which supports class 1 USB audio devices. See the USBAUDIO ReadMe.
- The USBCALLS class driver (USBRESMG) and USBCALLS.DLL to access it.
- The USBCALLS development toolkit.
This USB stack update WarpIn package should only be used to update an existing USB installation. This update package cannot install full USB support, but it can install certain USB drivers if USB support is already installed.
The USBAUDIO installer/updater WarpIn package contains the USB class 1 audio driver and the multimedia installer. This package will install the USB class 1 audio driver if it is not already installed, and will just update it if it is already installed. Once the USB class 1 audio driver is installed, the normal USB stack update WarpIn package will also be able to update it. If a third party version 10.x USB audio driver is already installed, the normal USB stack update WarpIn package will not overwrite it, and the internal USB audio driver will not be available for installation.
The toolkit for building applications that use the USBCalls interface to the USB stack is available here: UsbCallsToolkit.zip
Support and Submitting Tickets
Only the official Arca Noae 12.xx versions of the USB software are supported here. If you need support for a different version, please consult the documentation you received with your software for instructions on getting support.
Please read the Troubleshooting page before submitting a ticket.
Reporting bugs and requesting new features is done through the ticket system. You can view existing tickets, add comments to them and create new tickets using the corresponding buttons at the top of every page. If you want to submit a new bug or request a feature, please use the Search function first to make sure there is no ticket for the same problem already created.
- Please enter a useful description of the actual problem in the Summary. The summary should not contain version numbers.
- Please only submit one issue on a ticket. Do not list several issues on a single ticket.
- Please do not post information about your system on someone else’s ticket. USB issues are complex enough that even if you have the same system and the same symptoms, your problem may not be the same. So open your own ticket — don’t post on someone else’s. If the developer thinks they are related, then the developer will link the tickets together.
- Make sure you attach a testlog log file to your ticket when you open it.
This entry last updated: by