There are currently two Arca Noae USB WarpIn packages related to USB drivers:
- USB stack update.
- USBAUDIO installer/updater.
The USB stack update WarpIn package contains updates for the full USB Subsystem. It consists of several drivers and other utilities all contained and distributed in a single Warpin update archive.
- The UHCI, OHCI, EHCI and xHCI host controller drivers and the USBD driver.
- The USBHID, USBKBD and USBMOUSE class drivers which support generic keyboards and mice.
- The USBPRT class driver which supports printing to generic USB printers.
- The USBCOM class driver which supports communication with some USB serial devices.
- The USBMOS class driver which supports some Moschip USB to Ethernet devices.
- The USBAUDIO class driver which supports class 1 USB audio devices.
- The USBCALLS class driver (USBRESMG) and USBCALLS.DLL to access it.
- The USBCALLS development toolkit.
This USB stack update WarpIn package is only able to update an existing installation. The drivers you intend to update must already be installed. This package will not install any new host controller drivers, but in some cases it can install class drivers.
The xHCI driver will not be available for installation if you do not have detectable xHCI controllers in your system, or if xHCI support is not licensed for your system.
The USBAUDIO installer/updater WarpIn package contains the USB class 1 audio driver and the multimedia installer. This package will install the USB class 1 audio driver if it is not already installed, and will just update it if it is already installed. Once the USB class 1 audio driver is installed, the normal USB stack update WarpIn package will also be able to update it. If a third party version 10.x USB audio driver is already installed, the normal USB stack update WarpIn package will not overwrite it, and the internal USB audio driver will not be available for installation.
The toolkit for building applications that use the USBCalls interface to the USB stack is available here: UsbCallsToolkit.zip
Support and Submitting Tickets
Only the official Arca Noae 12.xx versions of the USB software are supported here. If you need support for a different version, please consult the documentation you received with your software for instructions on getting support.
Note that if you have the preview version of the xHCI driver, there is no support for this version and tickets are not accepted for problems with the preview. Additional information is available on the Troubleshooting page.
Please read the Troubleshooting page before submitting a ticket.
Reporting bugs and requesting new features is done through the ticket system. You can view existing tickets, add comments to them and create new tickets using the corresponding buttons at the top of every page. If you want to submit a new bug or request a feature, please use the Search function first to make sure there is no ticket for the same problem already created.
- Please enter a useful description of the actual problem in the Summary. The summary should not contain version numbers.
- Please only submit one issue on a ticket. Do not list several issues on a single ticket.
- Please do not post information about your system on someone else’s ticket. USB issues are complex enough that even if you have the same system and the same symptoms, your problem may not be the same. So open your own ticket — don’t post on someone else’s. If the developer thinks they are related, then the developer will link the tickets together.
- Make sure you attach a testlog log file to your ticket when you open it.
This entry last updated: by